Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Steps I took for greener living

Removed all processed foods from refrigerator.Food composes of following items
  • Organic non homogenized Strauss cow's milk. (Cream floats on the top,better for digestion)
  • Organic Yogurt without animal fat gelatin ,containing acidophillus etc. bacteria
  • Basmati white Rice (Ayurveda prohibits brown rice, so I am staying away from it)
  • Wheat flour imported from India
  • Pulses
  • Fresh local produce-Cabbage,Potatoes,Onions,green onions, etc.etc.
  • Fruits
  • Whole Spices which are freshly grinded in a coffee bean grinder.
  • Cheerios Breakfast cereals
  • Maggie Ketchup,Mango pickle,Pineapple Jam imported from India (doesn't contain HFCS)
  • THAT's IT.
Household cleaning stuff
Baking Soda ,Vinegar.

I planted my organic backyard garden.It was in big shamples.
I don't throw away all the packing material like cardboard boxes,peanuts,air bags etc.Instead save them all, and recycle at one go.
No normal bulbs for me-All CFL tubes.
House doesn't have AC-it has luxury of cross ventilation to create tunnel affect.
Recycle all electronic/paper junk
Wear only cotton /natural fabric clothes (including Silk)
Things I want to do...
  • Compost all organic waste.This can be useful feriliser for my backyard garden. Currently I buy organic manure from Homedepot. (No chemical pesticides/fertilizers for me.)
  • Use only herbal home made tooth paste,soap,shampoo.
  • Carpool to work.
  • Use public transportation as much
  • Wear custom stitched,vegetably dyed ,natural fabrics
  • Reduce plastic bag consumption by taking a big jute bag for grocery shopping everytime.
  • Carry handkerchief all the time
  • Reduce paper towels for kitchen cleaning stuff.
  • Wash clothes in regular washing machine but dry them in natural sunlight.Apartment regulaion prohibits me.:-(
  • Shift completely to Yoga instead of gym.
I have long long way to go..let's see how much it take me

What is your favourite grain

Blog Statistics